Holiday Waste Collection Schedule
There will be no waste collection on Monday, May 23 due to Victoria Day. Waste will be collected one day later that week. Check your collection calendar. All Community Recycling Centres (CRCs) will be closed on May 23 and return to regular hours on Tuesday, May 24.
Garbage Exemption Day
The Region of Peel is holding a Garbage Exemption Day during the next waste collection cycle. Check your calendar for your garbage exemption day. On your garbage exemption day, there is no maximum amount of acceptable excess garbage you can put at the curb. Garbage bag tags are not required during exemption periods. Place your excess garbage beside your cart with at least 1 metre (3 feet) of clear space between your extra garbage item(s) and your cart. Excess garbage will not be collected on your recycling week, it will only be collected on your garbage collection week.
Free Confidential Paper Shredding Events
Residents can take unbound paper – such as taxes, bills, income statements and personal information – to the confidential paper shredding events. They will be held on:
• May 26 – Fewster CRC, 1126 Fewster Drive, Mississauga (4 – 8 p.m.)
• May 28 – Caledon CRC, 1795 Quarry Drive, Caledon (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
• June 2 – Brampton CRC, 395 Chrysler Drive, Brampton (4 – 8 p.m.)
• June 4 – Bolton CRC, 109 Industrial Road, Caledon (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
• June 9 – Battleford CRC, 2255 Battleford Road, Mississauga (4 – 8 p.m.)
• June 11 – Heart Lake CRC, 420 Railside Drive, Brampton (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
Regular fees apply to all other items.