Good to Know

Town of Caledon Victoria Day Weekend Closures

Submitted to Just Sayin' Caledon

Please note, Town of Caledon offices and non-emergency services including Recreation, Library, Animal Services and Provincial Offences Courts, in Orangeville and Caledon East, will be closed on Monday, May 20, 2024.  

After-hours Emergencies  

For after-hours emergencies such as downed trees on roads or flooding, call the Region of Peel at 1-888-919-7800.   

To report an urgent issue about a stray domestic animal or a sick and/or injured animal, call the Town’s after-hours service at 1-800-563-7881.  

For power outages or to report downed wires, call Hydro One at 1-800-434-1235. To view the status of power outages, view their outage map

The non-emergency number for the Caledon Ontario Provincial Police is 1-888-310-1122.  

If the emergency is life-threatening, call 9-1-1.  

Personal use of Fireworks Prohibited - Provincial Offences Ticket of $615 or progressively increased penalties  

Fireworks displays require a permit and a licensed technician to manage them. Staff will be monitoring over the weekend for violations. Any person who violates the Fireworks By-law is guilty of an offence and subject to a fine up to $615. Visit for more information or call 311.  

Waste and Recycling  

Please refer to Region of Peel website for collection information:

JSC Newsletter

Receive our stories and events directly to your inbox, twice a month.

Sign Up

About the author

Just Sayin' Caledon

Just Sayin’ Caledon brings you stories about Caledon people, places and events.

Leave a Comment

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.