The Town of Caledon (the “Town”) is in the process of establishing a formal Public Art Program. The Town’s goal is to make public art accessible to everyone and to create vibrant, unique downtown experience.
Our first Public Art installation was completed in Spring 2022, on the underpass of the Queen Street bridge in downtown Bolton. You can read more about the Town’s first mural project here.
As we launch into our next project we invite professional artists, designers, creators and artist-led teams to submit their credentials and expressions of interest to design a mural for exterior wall installation at the Ume Sushi building in downtown Bolton, located at 1 Queen Street North, Bolton, Ontario.
Call for Artists
This is a two-stage process:
Stage 1: Design Consultation Meeting
Stage 2: Design Submission
Designs will be shortlisted for a presentation to the Downtown Bolton Task Force Working Group Committee (the “Committee”).
Artist Information Meeting will be held on June 15 at 4:00 pm via Teams. To join the information meeting email Giuliana.firstname.lastname@example.org for the virtual meeting invitation.
The Committee will make a selection through a voting process.
Artwork will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Alignment with the Design Parameters and agreed upon look and feel for Downtown Bolton
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Suitability of the artwork for display in public space at the discretional of the Town of Caledon, The Downtown Bolton Revitalization Plan Working Group Committee and the Private Business Owner
- Authenticity of the artwork
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with the Town of Caledon and community stakeholders
- Submissions from Caledon based designers will be given preference
The Committee is a working group of the Downtown Bolton Task Force which is comprised of members of the BIA, Chamber of Commerce, downtown business owners, residents and community-minded individuals all working together to implement the Downtown Bolton Revitalization Plan.