News Flash

Town of Caledon Civic Holiday Closures 2021

Town Hall
Submitted to Just Sayin' Caledon

Read this article on the Town of Caledon website.

On behalf of Mayor, Council and Town of Caledon staff, we wish you all a happy and safe Civic Holiday long weekend.

Town of Caledon offices and non-emergency services, all recreation centres, all Caledon Public Library branches, and the Provincial Offences Courts in Orangeville and Caledon East will be closed on Monday, August 2, 2021.


All recreation centres are closed on Monday, August 2. Otherwise, please see below for information on the reopening of facilities and programs.

Fitness centres at Southfields Community Centre and Caledon Centre for Recreation and Wellness have reopened starting July 23.

Swimming pools at these facilities have reopened starting July 26, along with the ice pad at Mayfield Recreation Complex.

Register now to reserve your spot.

For more information about outdoor programs, fitness classes and virtual activities, visit


Caledon is blessed with many beautiful parks, trails and scenic areas. Please enjoy them safely: obey speed limits on roads, parking signs, practice physical distancing, keep dogs on leash and respect farms and other private property. Thank you!

If you plan to visit one of the parks or conservation areas in Caledon, please check ahead as reservations are required in many locations:

For other outdoor recreation activities, visit the Town of Caledon trails map, which includes information about parking, washroom facilities and other amenities:


A reminder that due to COVID-19 protocols, Town Hall is open during regular business hours by appointment only.

To make an appointment please call Service Caledon at 905-584-2272 x. 7750. For information about the status of Town facilities, services and programs, visit

After-hours Emergencies

For after-hours emergencies such as downed trees on roads or flooding call the Region of Peel at 1-800-563-7881.

To report an urgent issue about a stray domestic animal (certain conditions apply) or a sick and/or injured animal, call the Town’s after-hours service at 1-800-563-7881.

For power outages or to report downed wires, call Hydro One at 1-800-434-1235. To view the status of power outages, view their outage map.

The non-emergency number for the Caledon Ontario Provincial Police is 1-888-310-1122.

If the emergency is life-threatening, call 9-1-1.

Waste and Recycling

Please refer to Region of Peel website for collection information:

About the author

Just Sayin' Caledon

Just Sayin’ brings you Caledon-specific community news, events, personality & business profiles, restaurant reviews, & Town Council highlights.

Leave a Comment