A new bylaw is being proposed that, if passed, will mean that as of April 26, 2022, the discharge of fireworks for personal use — as well as the sale of consumer fireworks — will be banned.
The new bylaw will introduce a permit system for large fireworks displays such as community events, motion picture and theatrical pyrotechnics.
The permit will require:
- minimum safe distances of 300m from all vulnerable occupancies (schools, nursing and care facilities), industrial, fuel dispensing facilities and agricultural facilities containing livestock;
- displays be discharged by a licensed Display Supervisor;
- sufficient insurance for liability purposes;
- inspections for safety; and
- fireworks be planned for acceptable times and locations from dusk to 11 p.m. unless otherwise approved.
The permit system will be the responsibility of the Fire Chief and designates.
Council Meeting: April 26 @ 6 p.m.
Participate in or watch the Council meeting on April 26 at 6 p.m. to learn more about this bylaw.