How can Caledon Public Library’s Makerspaces help you launch or grow your small or home-based business? These spaces offer a range of creative technologies that you can leverage to increase brand awareness or test new product ideas. You can create both digital and physical items using equipment for everything from photography and sound recording to laser cutting and digital embroidery.
If you’re looking for help to get started, we offer 60-minute one-on-one appointments with maker specialists. Maker specialists can help you learn the basics to start creating on your own, from Adobe InDesign for menu layout to signage with the Glowforge laser cutter and engraver.
What technologies do you have access to in CPL Makerspaces? Our offerings include:
- Glowforge laser cutter and engraver for wood and acrylic
- Cricut® die cutting machine for vinyl, paper, and more
- Cricut Autopress ™ for heat transfer vinyl (great for batches of t-shirts)
- 3D printer for modeling and prototyping with PLA plastic
- Button maker to create custom pinback buttons
- Embroidery machine for customizing with iron-patches and more
- Recording Studio for quality audio creation and editing
- …and more!
- Create your own unique signage and displays
From a customized acrylic sign for your service points to branded wooden business card holders, you can create memorable custom signage with the Glowforge laser cutter and engraver. Use the Creative Station’s Adobe Creative Cloud software to design and edit your menus, business cards, posters, and more.
- Test prototypes and models
Test your potential product easily before going to production. Book some time with the 3D printer or the Glowforge to create and test your models.
- Design and make your own promotions and swag
Print directly onto T-shirts or tote bags with the Direct-to-Garment Printer or create custom wooden keychains with the Glowforge laser cutter and engraver. It’s easy to make small batches of promotional swag or staff apparel in CPL Makerspaces.
- Level up your social media content
Record a podcast or other audio content in the Recording Studio, or use the green screen and photography equipment to create video or photo content.
- Take pro-level product photos
Use the camera equipment and product lightbox to take pro-level photos of your products for your website or promotions.
We’re here to help you make your ideas happen in CPL Makerspaces! CPL Makerspaces are at the Margaret Dunn Valleywood Collaboration Studio and Caledon East branch’s Cory Trépanier Creativity Studio.
For more information about what equipment you can use or how to book it, take a peek at our Makerspace page.
We’re happy to chat about all things creative and maker! Please stop by to say hi to your friendly neighbourhood maker specialists if you’re in CPL makerspace branches.