Interested in Running for Council?
Have Questions about the Municipal Elections Act?
The Region of Peel is hosting an information session with representatives from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs on topics such as; running for office, the Municipal Elections Act, and new for 2018, the election of the Regional Chair. The session is open to anyone interested in running for office or learning more about the legislation.
About the information session:
• Roles and responsibilities of elected officials, staff and third party advertisers
• Eligibility requirements
• Nomination process and key dates
• Campaign and election finances
• General campaign rules and election finances
• Candidate and third party advertiser duties
• Compliance and enforcement
• Voters’ list and proxy voting
• Scrutineers and Recounts
Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, Region of Peel,
10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton