The Let Your Green Show campaign is back this summer…and it has gone social!
What is the Let Your Green Show campaign?
The Region of Peel, the cities of Brampton and Mississauga, the Town of Caledon, the Credit Valley Conservation and the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, collaborated to bring you the Let Your Green Show (LYGS) campaign. LYGS is a community awareness campaign that implements the Peel Climate Change Strategy. It is targeted at Peel residents and is intended to engage them in target activities to reduce their impact on the environment.
LYGS consists of three phases. Phase one ran in 2012 and promoted the purchase of local food, local food production and farmers’ markets in Peel. Phase two ran in 2013 and encouraged residents to conserve water. In 2014, the Region and its partners will launch phase three (3) of LYGS to ask Peel residents to give their cars a break. The entire phase three campaign will run from May to October.
The LYGS website and its official social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter) was officially launched yesterday (May 15, 2014).
A greenback contest with monthly prizes officially kicks off on June 5, 2014 and runs through to September 30, 2014. The campaign closes out on October 31, 2014 with the announcement of the greenest resident award for each area municipality.
What can I do to spread the word?
We’re building momentum towards the official launch. And we’d like you to help us spread the word. Here’s how:
· Like us on facebook – www.facebook.com/letyourgreenshow
· Follow us on Twitter – www.twitter.com/lygshow
· Visit our website (web and mobile version available at the same URL) – www.letyourgreenshow.ca
· Subscribe to our event listings (click subscribe, and the LYGS calendar will be synchronized with your Outlook – http://letyourgreenshow.ca/wp/events/
· Forward this e-mail to family, friends, neighbours and colleagues!
How can I participate in the contest and what will I win?
Like us, follow us and stay tuned…we’ll announce details in June!
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact email@example.com