What is the Town doing?
- Reshaping and placing new granular material on select existing gravel roads.
- To promote positive road surface drainage, improving the driving surface, reduce pothole potential, and providing material for dust suppressant to bond.
- Town staff will start the program on June 12, 2023, with an expected completion date of July 28, 2023, weather permitting.
The following roads are included in this year’s program and have been put in order of work sequence and outline the expected number of working days required to complete, weather permitting:
- Shaw’s Creek Road, from 300 metres south of Bush Street to Olde Base Line Road (expected 5-6 days)
- Rockside Road & Ballinafad Road, from Winston Churchill Road to Olde Base Line Road (expected 2 days)
- The Grange Sideroad, McLaren Road to Mississauga Road (expected 4 days)
- Creditview Road, from The Grange Sideroad to Olde Base Line (expected 3 days)
- Beech Grove Sideroad, from Winston Churchill Road to Mississauga Road (expected 3 days)
- Porterfield Road, from Queen Street to Beech Grove Sideroad (expected 1.5 days)
- Boston Mills Road, from Highway 10 to Airport Road (expected 7 days)
- Station Road, from Creditview Road to Chinguacousy Road (expected 1.5 days)
- McLaren Road, from Forks of the Credit to The Grange Sideroad (expected 2 days)
- River Road, from Forks of the Credit to Shaw’s Creek Road (expected 1 day)
- Chisholm Street, McKenzie Street, and Puckering Lane (expected 3 days)
Who can you call?
- Service Caledon – 905-584-2272 ext. 7750
- Unfortunately, the Town has historically discovered communications cables installed closer to the ground surface than specified. If these lines are closer to the surface than the Bell/Rogers specification a line may inadvertently be cut by the construction crew. It is Bells/Rogers responsibility to provide you with a service that is buried to a sufficient depth and they will need to address any line outages.
- In the event you find your line is cut please contact them directly at:
- Bell outside Service Wire: 1-866-310-2355
- Rogers Communications: 1-888-764-3771
Traffic and Parking Control
- Between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., lane closures and delays in daily commuting are expected. Parking will not be permitted on the street to assist in speeding up the work and allowing Town staff to complete the gravel resurfacing and dust suppressant placements effectively and efficiently.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Service Caledon at 905-584-2272 ext. 7750.