Did you know…that it’s easy to be in the know about what happening at your Municipality?
Just Click on the Town of Caledon Your Town, Your News ad you see on the right side of the screen to start receiving the Town’s official weekly news by email!
“Customer service means listening to what our residents want and then responding professionally,” said Mayor Allan Thompson.
“The great thing about the addition of this eNews delivery is that we’re meeting residents where they are. Some prefer the newspaper. Others prefer email. So we’ll provide both.”
The option to receive town news is a direct result of the town-wide “Have Your Say” survey which ran last fall asking residents how they would like to receive information from the town. Some 64% of respondents said they prefer to receive town news via email.
The survey said …
· Most residents prefer to receive town news in this order: email, newspaper, our web site and then social media.
· 85% of respondents have a mobile device and use it frequently.
· Facebook (69%) and Twitter (42%) are the most popular social media platforms.
· The top two topics of interest to residents are events (81%) and community programs (78%).
· Caledon’s app – Pingstreet – is being well used by our residents. Currently we have almost 1,600 subscribers.
Get Pingstreet at caledon.ca/app
Leave a Comment