Looking for a place to cool down during the summer heat? Caledon’s recreation facilities are open to serve you.
From splash pads to pools to public skating, the Town offers water refill stations, areas to sit and relax and free wifi to stay connected.
- Caledon Centre for Recreation and Wellness, 14111 Hwy 50, Bolton – open 5:45 am – 11:00 pm
- Caledon Community Complex, 6215 Old Church Road, Caledon East – open 7 am – 1 am
- Mayfield Recreation Centre, 12087 Bramalea Road, Caledon – open 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
- RJA Potts Memorial Park, 125 Pembrook Street, Bolton
- Adam Wallace Memorial Park, 128 Cedargrove Road, Bolton
- Dennison Park, 70 Learmont Avenue, Mayfield West
Check out our interactive map at caledon.ca/facilities
Tips for hot days
- Drink lots of plain, cool water before you feel thirsty.
- Stay cool and, if possible, take breaks in shade or an air-conditioned place.
- Wear a wide brimmed hat, UV protective sunglasses, and loose-fitting long shirts and pants.
- Stay in the shade whenever possible.
- Reschedule or plan outdoor activities for cooler parts of the day.
- Call or visit family, friends and neighbours, especially isolated adults and seniors who are at greater risk of suffering from heat-related illness.
- If you feel faint, have difficulty breathing or feel confused and disoriented because of the heat, call your doctor. In an emergency, call 911.
Leave a Comment