Caledon is one of approximately 200 communities across Canada to hold a “Celebration on The Great Trail” to mark the connection of the Trans Canada Trail from coast to coast to coast.
The Caledon Trailway was the very first officially designated part of the TCT and the TCT pavilion in Caledon East was the first one built in the country. It started here! Today we have part of the Greenbelt Route and the Oak Ridges Trail along the Trailway, plus a connection to the north end of the Humber Valley Heritage Trail and soon a connection to the Waterfront Trail via the Etobicoke Creek Trail and a northern extension.
We are inviting past and present mayors and members of council, conservation authorities, trail organizations, hiking/walking/cycling groups, members of our old Trailway Committee, local businesses and many more – all who have been part of creating and enhancing the Caledon Trailway and our part of the Trans Canada Trail.
Saturday August 26th 2017
Caledon East Trans-Canada Trail Pavilion (west of Airport Rd)
· 9 a.m. cyclists will gather in Palgrave and Inglewood to ride to Caledon East on the Trailway, depart at 9:30
· 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. family activities and displays in the TCT Pavilion Park
· 10:45 a.m. symbolic walk from Town Hall on the Trailway to the TCT Pavilion Park – all dignitaries are asked to participate
· 11 a.m. to noon – the formal part of the event with Town Crier, speeches, unveil commemorative stone, viewing of refurbished pavilion
· Noon – 1 p.m. light refreshments for all
For information on events across the country, go to TheGreatTrail.ca