Town of Caledon has placed a Winter Parking Ban as of 12:00 p.m. (noon), February, 8, 2016.
All vehicles must be removed from roadways in order to ensure safe and timely road clearing. Residents have 12 hours from the time of the Winter Parking Ban to remove their vehicles from the roadway and find alternate parking. Removal of vehicles from roadway must take place by midnight tonight, February 8, 2016. All overnight parking exemptions are null and void during a Winter Parking Ban.
This Ban will remain in place until removed by the Director of Public Works.
How to I stay up-to-date on Winter Parking conditions and restrictions in the Town of Caledon?
• Winter Parking Bans will be posted to www.caledon.ca once issued
• They will also be posted to social media:
• Download our mobile app for FREE – www.caledon.ca/app and sign up for alerts right to your mobile device.
What do I need to know about snow removal and Winter Parking Bans in Caledon?
• Following a forecast by Environment Canada for a snowfall of 7 cm. or greater, or ice coverage, the Director of Public Works may issue a Winter Parking Ban.
• When a Winter Parking Ban has been issued, vehicles may not be parked on roadways in Caledon at any time until the ban is lifted.
• Any Overnight Parking Exemptions that have been granted will be cancelled.
• Parking Enforcement Officers will work in conjunction with Road Clearing Crews ticketing/towing vehicles in violation of the Ban, in order to ensure compliance and safety of drivers and citizens. Parking Enforcement Officers will allow a 12-hour grace period from the beginning of the Winter Parking Ban before enforcement begins.
• Vehicle Owners are responsible for tickets and towing charges. Owners will be advised of towing locations by calling the Public Works department at 905.584.2272 x.4328 or by visiting the Winter Parking Ban page.
• Upon completion of road clearing operations and based on weather forecast information, the Director of Public Works will lift the Winter Parking Ban.