Officers from the Caledon Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have charged a driver of a stolen vehicle with impaired operation.
On February 4, 2023, at approximately 2 p.m., Caledon OPP responded to a report of a vehicle stopped on the side of the road with a driver slouched over the steering wheel. Officers attended the area of Boston Mills Road near Mississauga Road and began their investigation. The vehicle had been reported stolen. The driver was placed under arrested, and grounds were also formed that their ability to operate a motor vehicle was impaired by drugs.
A 36-year-old of Brampton was charged with:
• Operation while impaired – drugs
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
• Possession of break-in instruments
• Possession of a Schedule I substance
• Fail to comply with probation order
• Failure to comply with release order
The accused was held for a Bail Hearing.
Impaired driving is dangerous regardless of the source of impairment. Whether a driver is impaired by alcohol or drugs, impaired is impaired. If you suspect a driver to be impaired, report it by calling 9-1-1.
Leave a Comment