Effective immediately, the doors to access the Caledon Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police will be locked and entry will be available by appointment only by calling the detachment directly at 905-584-2241.
Processing of criminal record checks will be available for essential workers only, which includes:
- Healthcare workers
- Long term care home workers
- Personal support workers
- Police, Fire, Ambulance staff
- Corrections Staff
- Court Staff
- Probation and Parole staff
- Student placements for any of the above
For non-essential workers requiring a criminal record check for employment or other purposes, an alternate service provider can be used. Visit the criminal record checks section at www.opp.ca for additional information.
The Caledon OPP Detachment located at 15924 Innis Lake Road, Caledon East, ON, L7C 2Z1. Business hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday (statutory holidays excluded).
COVID-19 restrictions are in effect when attending the detachment:
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required – visitors will be pre-screened and provided with proper PPE at the detachment;
- Don’t attend the detachment if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or waiting for the test results.
Updates to these protocols will be provided as they become known.
A reminder for the Caledon residents, if you need to make a police report or require police assistance:
- In an emergency, dial 9-1-1
- Non-emergency calls, please call 1-888-310-1122, or
- Report a crime online – you can use this tool to submit a report from your computer or mobile device without going to an OPP detachment. All submissions will be sent directly to the OPP and reviewed by an officer. Visit www.opp.ca for more info.