NEW HEAVY TRUCK RESTRICTIONS IN BOLTON CORE
-By-law restricts heavy trucks on Highway 50/Queen Street and King Street
The Region of Peel is implementing truck restrictions in the downtown Bolton area. Heavy trucks will be restricted on the following Regional Roads in Bolton, effective November 30, 2015:
– Highway 50/Queen Street (Regional Road 50) from Emil Kolb Parkway (Regional Road 150) to Healey Road.
– King Street (Regional Road 9) from Coleraine Drive (Regional Road 150) to Albion Vaughan Road.
Details and a map are available at peelregion.ca/trucksinbolton
“Heavy truck” definition: a commercial motor vehicle with a weight when unloaded, of three tonnes or more, or when loaded, of five tonnes or more.
Heavy trucks are encouraged to use Emil Kolb Parkway/Coleraine Drive to bypass the Bolton downtown core. Local collections and deliveries are exempt from the heavy truck restriction as some trucks still need local access, but truck-turning restrictions will remain at the King Street and Queen Street intersection for such vehicles.
Downtown bypass routes:
• Northbound – Mayfield Road to Coleraine Drive to Emil Kolb Parkway.
• Southbound – Emil Kolb Parkway to Coleraine Drive to Mayfield Road.
• Eastbound – Coleraine Drive to Mayfield Road to Albion Vaughan Road.
• Westbound – Albion Vaughan Road to Mayfield Drive to Coleraine Drive.
Note: Coleraine Drive south of Mayfield Road is also truck restricted.
For more information: email@example.com
Leave a Comment