It’s municipal budget season. With the Town of Caledon’s 2018 draft budget prepared, a number of presentations have been planned, and anticipated adoption of the Town’s 2018 budget is set for December 12, 2017.
2018 Budget Highlights
- Strategic Partnership with Humberview School for Artificial Turf Field/Track
- Funding for a multi-purpose track in Alton
- Funding to start the design for:
- Caledon East Community Complex expansion
- Bolton Seniors Centre expansion
- $17.4 million in the Roads Capital Program and $3.6 million in the Bridge Capital Program
- Final year of funding for the new Community Centre located in Southfields
Open houses, council presentations, one-on-one forums with senior town staff and, of course, online input are options for residents to participate in the budget process.
Below is a list of dates and how you can stay involved.
|Nov 10 – 30||Online Budget Survey – Have Your Say!|
|Nov 14 – 9:30am||Budget Introduction
Operating Budget Presentation
|Nov 14 – 1pm||Capital Budget Presentation
|Nov 21 – 7pm-8:30 pm||Budget Drop-in Open House – Have Your Say!|
|Dec 5 – 1pm||General Committee Meeting – 2018 Proposed Budget Deliberations|
|Dec 12 – 7pm||Council Budget Meeting Final Considerations – Proposed 2018 Budget and Proposed 2018 Fees By-Law|
Find more detailed information here